I posted this last year and decided to share again.
While we reflect on Black History Month, and give honor to those whose indelible print will forever be etched in the fabric of our being…I can’t help but wonder about the impact we are making not just in our own lives, but in the lives of others. What will be your legacy? What are your contributions to society? What is your reasonable service? And finally, if you haven’t moved towards that which you were created to do, then when?
I know it’s a challenge to just live every day. Too many of us are in survival mode. But how many of you know that we weren’t just born to survive? We were shaped by God to fulfill His purpose for our lives. Rick Warren’s “The Purpose Driven Life” speaks to our God-given assignment and our ability to accomplish it via S.H.A.P.E.:
- Spiritual gifts – given only to Believers (an expression of God’s grace)
- Heart – the source of all your motivations (affections, hopes, dreams)
- Abilities – natural talents you were born with (some misuse or abuse)
- Personality – there never has, nor ever will be anyone exactly like you
- Experience – family, educational, vocational, spiritual, ministry, painful
Our spiritual gifts are not given for just our benefit, but for the benefit of others. Just as others gifts are given to benefit you and I. We are all a part of God’s body. Figure out what you love to do…what God gave you a heart to do, and Do It! Remember…what you are is God’s gift to you, but what you do with it is your Gift to God!
Share your thoughts and ideas via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or, click the following link https://50plusshadesofus.com for more information and inspiration!
Living on purpose,